Aquatennial – The Best Media Days of Summer
The City of Minneapolis celebrated its 75th Aquatennial in 2014. The civic celebration of the city of lakes, known as the Best Days of Summer, is one of the most attended events of the summer. We were brought in to the Aquatennial just six weeks before the first day of the celebration. Our team rallied and embraced the event and became immersed in all things Aquatennial.
- Balancing the needs of media, the city of Minneapolis and sponsors, we generated 10 million more impressions than the year before. The overall campaign resulted in:
- Nearly 700 articles for Aquatennial, (200 more clips than the previous year).
- 56 million impressions over nine days (10 million more than the previous year).
- $3 million in media value (exceeding the previous year by nearly $1 million)
- Tens of thousands attended the Star Tribune Beach Bash, lined Hennepin Avenue for the CenterPoint Energy Torchlight Parade and more than 250,000 spectators were drawn to Minneapolis for the Target Fireworks.